Zombies as good guys? What is the world coming to? Next thing it’ll be cats lying with dogs and all sorts!
Zeke Deadwood is a zombie law enforcer in the old west. I’m not sure what I make of it yet but read the synopsis below and watch the video to draw your own conclusions or click the link at the end to be taken to a 10 page preview.
Whenever innocent blood is spilled upon the sand of the american west, a foul wind blows in across the frontier! Fear not! For that fould stench belongs to ZEKE DEADWOOD: ZOMBIE LAWMAN. Created, drawn and co-written by award nominated artist Thomas Boatwright with Ryan Rubio (creators of Cemetery Blues) comes a classic western tale of Saturday matinee action with a healthy dose of B-movie horror. ZEKE DEADWOOD tells the story of a lone zombie out to clean up a small western town from a villianous band of outlaws. Can Zeke stop thier drunken rampage of terror? Will the townsfolk even let themselves be saved by the undead? Find out this summer as Zeke Deadwood rides into a comic shop near you!
Call of Duty 5 players on the PC have a fantastic new map to download and play against those zombie Nazis in!
Created by Jacmac and play-tested to death it’s one of the best user maps to come out, here’s the breakdown:-
Perks have been implemented, they drop from zombies just like powerups but look different than powerups. Two additional perks have been implemented, ‘Endless Grenades’ & ‘Three Primaries’.
* With Endless Grenades your grenade inventory will be replenished by 1 grenade every few seconds. With Sleight of Hand, the replenishment is faster.
* Three Primaries gives you three primary weapon slots.
* The Juggernaut perk has been altered to double your toughness (200% health) instead of the standard 160%.
* For a solo player, the Quick Revive perk is useless, so Quick Revive provides additional speed to rebuilding barriers (solo only).
* The “?” (gambler) can now spawn perks as well as everything it used to.
* An additional power up, ‘Speed Boost’ has been added, giving all players an increased run speed for a duration of time. The powerup icons have been altered a bit to make room for the new powerup.
* There is now a passive bonus for keeping the barriers up. When all barriers are fully built and the number of enemies exceeds a threshold, all players will get bonus points at an interval. This will be indicated by the flashing of a new barrier icon.
* This bonus is equal to 10 * Round Number every x seconds where x is equal to the number of players. So at round 10, four players connected would get 100 points every 4 seconds, when the number of enemies exceeds a threshold. Keeping one enemy alive won’t be enough, but using that time to rebuild all barriers could be valuable for the next round…
* Timed powerups last 30 seconds + 2 second per level. For example, at level 10, timed powerups last for 50 seconds
* Enemy AI shooter spawning has been changed. It is no longer predictable where, when, or what will spawn. However, the spawn locations are the same.
* There is a Boss Zombie (red flashing eyes) that can spawn, he is 6 times harder to kill and drops a “Super Powerup”. He may also drop one or two perks depending on the round. He is a little smarter than regular zombies and doesn’t like grenades thrown at him.
* The Zombies are tired of coming out of the ships piecemeal all the time and getting cut to shreds, so they may now do a ‘zerg’ attack in an attempt to overwhelm the players.
* The enemy eye texture is now blue instaed of the default (merely a costmetic note here).
* Previously, several MG’s could be bought from the chest that didn’t have bipods. Those types have been eliminated, with the exception of the Scoped FG42.
* The price of the buyable Projekt 335 has been reduced to 1500 (originally 3500). The ammo cost is still only 500.
* The Bouncing Betties explode faster than before, due to the increased speed some of the zombies have. This is a blessing and a curse; don’t be planting them or near them with zombies comming at you.
The Map Geometery
* There is now a tunnel at the far end of the beach trenches that leads to a small bunker behind the sea wall. The wall can be rebuilt from inside the bunker. There is also a good strategic position for one or two players above.
* The trench logs facing the beach have many useful mountable positions. Sometimes trickey to mount on, sometimes easy.
* Player repawns are in randomized locations, players will not necessarily respawn next living players any longer. If you die, you might end up high or down low.
* Cheating is no longer possible. The map will abort if run in a mode that enables cheats (e.g. +thereisacow or devmap). To run Dead Sand Elite solo, only use the ‘map’ command to start it. Attempts at altering variables like sf_use_ignoreammo will simply result in the mod aborting in the middle of playing.
We’re a sucker for a good board game and apart from Zombies!!! and Twilight Creations’ stuff there aren’t many zombie board games. Zombie State is a viral game of global proportions for 2-5 players ages 13 and up.
Firebongo!’s handcrafted, plush, undead, snugglers are only the beginning of the ZOM plague. Bring the epidemic to your hometown. But be warned: ZOMs will steal your heart along with a few other choice body parts.