Plants vs Zombies is now available in a Flash demo from PopCap Games, so if you’re still unsure about the casual gaming phenomenon you can get to grips with it without even downloading it (ie at work!)
In Plants vs. Zombies, players use over 40 zombie-zapping plants like peashooters and cherry bombs to slow down, confuse, weaken and ultimately destroy more than two dozen types of zombies before they can reach your front door. Each zombie has its own special skills, and each plant has its own combat and/or defense mechanisms. As players battle the fun-dead, obstacles like a setting sun, creeping fog and a swimming pool add to the challenge. With four modes of play (Adventure, Mini-Game, Puzzle and Survival) the game is never the same twice – and the frightening fun never ends!
The Flash version of Plants vs. Zombies includes:
- 3 available game modes (Adventure, Endless Survival, Vasebreaker)
- 14 levels of Adventure mode
- A zombie not found in the PC version!
- 6 zombie types and 12 plants with which to stop them
- Graphics and gameplay faithful to the PC version
- Unlike most of our web based games, PvZ streams in the music of the PC version as you play
Curious about the new Plants Vs Zombies Flash exclusive zombie?
The new zombie isn’t all that exciting though, merely a slightly tougher and re-coloured version of the Quarterback. This is probably to make you die quicker in the endless vase breaker and survival modes.
You can play the game over at PopCap now.