Call of Duty: Black Ops Reprising Zombie Mode

18 May
Call of Duty: Black Ops Reprising Zombie Mode

Treyarch has begun hinting that the widely popular Zombie Mode from Call of Duty: World at War is set to reappear in Black Ops.

The mode was one of the biggest hits in any Call of Duty title. It was so popular that it topped the UK chart when it was originally released in 2008 and even spawned its own spin-off application for the iPhone and iPod touch.

In this month’s edition of Official PlayStation Magazine, Treyarch head Mike Lamia was asked about whether or not Zombie Mode would take a much anticipated and wanted return to Black Ops. He responded by saying:

“We really like the Zombie Mode, and as I mentioned I can’t talk about the co-op mode other than to say one of the reasons we love it so much is that it feels like it was a fan adopted mode, made out of passion of a lot of the team members here.”

There are also rumors circulating that the mode may be part of the game’s co-op, but we’ll have to wait and see. As Lamia said, “Well all I can tell you is we listen to the fanbase. Those are our consumers, so…”

Expect to see another fantastic Zombie Mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops when it’s released worldwide on November 9th for Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Wii.

pixel Call of Duty: Black Ops Reprising Zombie Mode
Clayton is a zombie lover hailing from the USA. He likes pizza, Xbox and the sort of technology that won't be around after the zombocalypse.

Read more articles by Clayton »

Comments (11)

1. HELLO MY NAME IS... says:

Hey i was wondering if zombies would rage quit when i pwn them?

2. zombie guy says:

zombies returnnnnn

3. Bettye Boch says:

Call of Duty Rocks.

4. derek says:

if they dont make zombies i will take a huge smelly shit on marks headd

5. NUKE BOOSTING IN COD 7 ? ……IF SO IM GO OWN NOOBS

6. black ops is shit says:

black ops is a massive disapointment i loved waw over mw1 but have turned to mw2 over black ops. online is so unconsistant taking at times a whole clip to kill on person also story mode confusing. for a game as popular as cod they could make a half decent one. cod points = shit idea!!!!!!!

7. Tajuana Ngo says:

So me and my buddy sat down and busted through this horrible game. If you really like watching cruddy cut-scene after cruddy cut-scene then this is a game you’ll love. you spend more time walking around doing nothing then you do actually playing and shooting. the story was awful and the game play reminded me of 8 years ago. The graphics were also a huge disappointment. I honestly feel that Activision owes me a few hours of my life. This is more of an interactive movie than a game. I would have rather played pong the entire time.

8. ZOMBIE TEACHER says:

THIS IS A AWSOME GAME BUT ON ZOMBIES THE BEST MAP IS FIVE AND THE BEST GUNS ARE RAY GUN AND THUNDER GUN

9. ZOMBIE TEACHER says:

IF ZOMBIES WASNT MADE I WOULD EXPLODE SO IM GLAD ITS MADE AND ZOMBIES ON SINGLE PLAYER IS A DISAPPOINTMENT BUT MULTI PLAYER ISNT

10. ZOMBIE TEACHER says:

BLACK OPS IS SHIT YOU ARE WRONG

11. Helpful info. Fortunate me I discovered your website unintentionally, and I’m shocked why this coincidence didn’t came about earlier! I bookmarked it.